Has anyone tackled poisons or diseases yet?

Has anyone tackled poisons or diseases yet? I have some poisonous creatures in my setting and wondered if the simplest solution was to give the poison a progress track, with days as the milestones, each of which requires facing danger...

Comments

  1. That seems like a good way to do it! If I were going to do it personally I'd probably just keep it in mind fictionally for when I need to Pay the Price, and then have it apply to me then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Justin Gordon NICE. Simpler is best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to strike down the unworthy bandit! (miss) But I'm unable to as the poison surges through my veins, leaving me feeling week and suddenly enfeebled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Justin's right. It seems sort of odd to me to use a progress track for something that's working against you. All of Ironsworn's rolls are character-centric, with the challenge dice representing the opposition. Now, I could see implementing Poison or Disease a Condition which inflicts a baneful effect of some sort until remedied and the character "swearing a vow" to overcome it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bill Andel much more going with the flow of the design, agreed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment