Inspired combo. I'm eyeing the Winter of the Worlds RPG as a nicely packaged setting to link up with Ironsworn. Some thematic Assets would add to the feel.
Hay, Graham, I was not aware of a rpg for the books. Each book has an extensive appendix with info on the world. I would not say the writing is the greatest but the setting feels great.
Allan Prewett Hello! I stumble back many a decade since I read at least a few of the novels. I liked the setup, setting and themes. The RPG is written by a couple of great guys with input from the author. It would be my packaged shorthand to get a game going. If you check out Drivethru there is also a PDF of the world map which would make a great centrepiece on your game table.
I haven't bought myself, but I hover...
As an alternative I'm looking at the Hellfrost setting from Triple Ace Games. All hail the Hearthsworn! :)
Nice choice.
ReplyDeleteInspired combo. I'm eyeing the Winter of the Worlds RPG as a nicely packaged setting to link up with Ironsworn. Some thematic Assets would add to the feel.
ReplyDeleteHay, Graham, I was not aware of a rpg for the books. Each book has an extensive appendix with info on the world. I would not say the writing is the greatest but the setting feels great.
ReplyDeleteAllan Prewett Hello! I stumble back many a decade since I read at least a few of the novels. I liked the setup, setting and themes. The RPG is written by a couple of great guys with input from the author. It would be my packaged shorthand to get a game going. If you check out Drivethru there is also a PDF of the world map which would make a great centrepiece on your game table.
ReplyDeleteI haven't bought myself, but I hover...
As an alternative I'm looking at the Hellfrost setting from Triple Ace Games. All hail the Hearthsworn! :)
The book even has a solo getting started adventure. There webpage is defunct unfortunately.
ReplyDeleteThanks I missed the map. Wonder if they will release anything else
ReplyDelete