Messing with some Assets at the moment. Here's one for review. Thoughts?
Messing with some Assets at the moment. Here's one for review. Thoughts?
Asset type: Blood
Changeling
1. Elf blood. When you Compel or Forge a Bond with Elves, add +1 and take +1 momentum on a hit.
2. Changeling. Your appearance is somewhat malleable to situations. When you Face Danger with Deception, or Compel using charm, pacify, barter or convince, add +1.
3. Beast Friend. You may Face Danger or Compel using +heart against great beasts and animals.
Asset type: Blood
Changeling
1. Elf blood. When you Compel or Forge a Bond with Elves, add +1 and take +1 momentum on a hit.
2. Changeling. Your appearance is somewhat malleable to situations. When you Face Danger with Deception, or Compel using charm, pacify, barter or convince, add +1.
3. Beast Friend. You may Face Danger or Compel using +heart against great beasts and animals.
I like them!
ReplyDeleteVery cool, Graham Spearing! I think there's enough potential meat on the bones here to warrant individual assets for each, with some additional abilities.
ReplyDeleteIn the forthcoming supporter asset pack, I had a non-magical "Pretender" path, which had some similar functions to your Changeling. I prefer your label though!
I also have "Beast Kin", which gives you a totem animal, but it might be cool to give it an ability that allows you to interact with and pacify animals of all sorts ala your Beast Friend.
Elf blood is also cool. I've been a bit leery of introducing the firstborn into the assets (since they are setting-optional), but I do have a Masked asset for when you acquire an enchanted elvish mask carved from elderwood. Depending on the type of wood (heartwood, thunderwood, etc.) you get different abilities. It's my first asset which is a "Choose one, and X out the others" (meaning no upgrades), which I am not super-keen on and might rework.