Some minor updates this morning to the Ironsworn rulebook and moves handout.

Some minor updates this morning to the Ironsworn rulebook and moves handout. Nothing dramatic -- mostly some punctuation fixes and a couple of minor corrections.

For anyone playing Ironsworn (thank you!), I'd recommend grabbing the latest moves handout since it contains a couple of wording clarifications. No reason to rush out and grab the latest version of the rulebook unless you are a completionist (and/or appreciate my continued struggles to correct PDF bookmark errors).

Happy new year!
https://www.ironswornrpg.com/downloads

Comments

  1. Haven't been able to keep up much. Any new Assets in December?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jacob Ross. Nothing too dramatic. Just a couple of custom assets in December for John Risus and his Horizon Zero Dawn inspired game.

    drive.google.com - Ironsworn-Asssets-Against-the-Machines.pdf

    The base assets are, I think, fairly feature complete. The supporter edition of the game will include some additional assets.

    Apart from that, I'll be hopefully getting the last chapter nailed down in a reasonable time frame, deal with editing, and release the final free and supporter editions of the game. Then, I'll see what happens. If interests warrant, I'll be diving into theme packs for various alternative genres and settings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you going to set this up on Drivethrurpg? Do you have an account there? I can help get you set up if not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the plan. I haven't looked into setting up a publisher account yet, but I suspect it's not too onerous (?). I felt like it was better to put the free version up when things were a bit more locked, and not as much of a moving target as they are currently. I know you have some "living documents" available on Drivethru. I'd be curious to hear how that's been for you and if you feel as if (publicity-wise) putting up the free edition at a stage when it's evolving is worth the trouble of managing the updates.

    I'll eventually do POD as well, but I'll give that a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah. I'll email you. Doesn't take much time, but you definitely want to get set up sooner than later. Even if you're not doing things right now it actually benefits you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll add to this from the consumer side of things wrt DTRPG... As a purchaser, I see some books get updated and it's quite difficult to tell which version is the latest one to download. Some publishers have figured out a way to differentiate their versions (v1.2, or a date like 12272017) which makes it SO easy. Others, not so much. The worst, though, is when it's not even obvious within the document which version I'm reading!

    Please, when you start posting to DTRPG/RPGNow, use versions or dates in your titles for each document!!! Much thanks, Shawn Tomkin for keeping dates/version updated within the documents so far!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for giving Ironsworn a look, Dan Davis! I really appreciate it. I'll make sure to be diligent about dating files even if (and especially) it ever moves over to Drivethru.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Shawn, I have been playing some Ironsworn for a few weeks now and I love the game! I am still in the process of reading the whole pdf (it's a lot of stuff!) and I just noticed what seems to me a minor inconsistency: at pg. 190 Kuno has a Weak Hit with a Match, but at page 11 it is explained that Matches correspond to either Strong Hits or Misses. I guess Kuno had a Strong Hit in this case?
    Thank you for your excellent, inspiring work! I have been playing solo for years, and I feel grateful to all designers that make serious efforts to contribute to this style of play, but it's hard to find ideas that sparkle your creativity with only a limited amount of complexity. I think you have found a nice balance with several ideas that keep things moving in interesting ways!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the kind words, evandro novel. Really appreciated! I'm glad you are enjoying Ironsworn.

    And thanks also for the catch on that error. You are absolutely correct. I am going to shift that example to a miss.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment