Working on another session and a rules question came up.
Working on another session and a rules question came up. I took advantage of "Turn The Tide" and it says to add +1, I am assuming to the next Move. My next Move is "End The Fight". I just added +1 to the Progression. Does this sound right, or at least feasible? Or is it just for other non-Progress Moves?
Yes, I think so.
ReplyDelete'Turn the Tide' is immediately followed by another move, yes. And that move is +1. However, at least in the 1/6/18 move handout, it says you can not use it with a Progress Move. 'End the Fight' is a progress move. So, it seems to me that Rules as Written, they don't work in concert.
ReplyDeleteThat being said, my normal caveat, it's your game and do what works for you, makes sense for you, and makes you happy. :-)
Jeremiah has it right. Per the move:
ReplyDelete----------
Once per fight, when you risk it all, you may steal initiative from your foe in order to make a move (not a progress move). When you do, add +1 and take +1 momentum on a hit.
If you fail to score a hit on that move, you must suffer a dire outcome. Pay the Price.
------------
So, you steal initiative, and then make a move of our choice (but not a progress move). If it's late in the fight and you want to End the Fight, you might choose a move that lets you inflict harm/mark progress, or it might be something that lets you use a favored stat in order to better ensure a strong hit (i.e. Secure an Advantage).
Oops, so I messed that up. Funny thing is I just opened the Move doc to see that I had the latest and greatest, and sure enough there it was.
ReplyDeleteBut, unfortunately, I was suffering from a migraine about 2/3 of the way through that session where I could hardly read the screen, even zoomed way in. :(