Anyone tried a Sci-fi hack?

Anyone tried a Sci-fi hack? I have an idea for a story I've been kicking around for a few years. Firefly in The Expanse setting (pre-book 1) with a bit of The Martian/Artemis.

I might try something like Bernhard Lutz​, but with a spaceship crew.

Comments

  1. Toimu I haven't run a sci-fi hack but have ported the system to the 18th Century (including black powder weapons) and the system ran perfectly well.

    I'd say run it and see what you think - especially if your sessions are heavy RP. If more combat oriented, you'll probably only need to think through how tactical you want combat, thinking here of burst fire, AoE weapons, etc. The system is pretty robust but is clearly on the narrative side of things. If you have Apocalypse World, you may do a spot check on how they handle modern/futuristic weaponry.

    Ship-to-ship combat could likely be handled by using PC gen rules to stat your vessel and/or crew. Or, you might just gloss on a lot of that using the Battle move until you get a better fell for the system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bjorsa Brimrsson Thanks, I'm looking into PbtA Sci-Fi hacks for ideas on Assets and maybe a few new moves. I don't want to make major changes to Ironsworn, the system is great the way it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking into "Uncharted Worlds" and "Impulse Drive". Some ideas from "Blades in the Dark - Scum and Villainy" seem cool.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment