In the end the session was outside the convention area. I didn't put it in the official schedule and there remained too few people for other sessions, so I decided to run it for my friends.
I ran Ironsworn in the guided mode. Earlier I played a few short solo games, but now there were three persons (plus me) - too many for cooperative mode I thought. They were players usually playing Urban Shadows (a PbtA game), Fate or similar games.
I prepared a mistery tale, inspired by first quest starter on p. 124. (Mysticism). In one village there is a woman people think is a witch. There started unusual plague of rats. Player characters are wanderers asked to find if it is the witch who is responsible for this.
It was a Dangerous vow. PC arrived in the village, Gathered Information with rituals, interacted with NPCs and Undertook a Troublesome Journey to the witch's cave. There were some personal scenes and finally they found a wild man who summoned the rats. Then I ran a combat with a Dangerous opponent (the man) and Troublesome rats. In the end players Fulfilled their Vow and Forged a Bond with the village.
We played for 3 and half hours. Players enjoyed the game. It went better than I expected. :)
Hey, my first review! Thanks so much, Piotr Cichy. Really nice summary of the system.
ReplyDeleteWould love to hear how your convention game went.
In the end the session was outside the convention area. I didn't put it in the official schedule and there remained too few people for other sessions, so I decided to run it for my friends.
ReplyDeleteI ran Ironsworn in the guided mode. Earlier I played a few short solo games, but now there were three persons (plus me) - too many for cooperative mode I thought. They were players usually playing Urban Shadows (a PbtA game), Fate or similar games.
I prepared a mistery tale, inspired by first quest starter on p. 124. (Mysticism). In one village there is a woman people think is a witch. There started unusual plague of rats. Player characters are wanderers asked to find if it is the witch who is responsible for this.
It was a Dangerous vow. PC arrived in the village, Gathered Information with rituals, interacted with NPCs and Undertook a Troublesome Journey to the witch's cave. There were some personal scenes and finally they found a wild man who summoned the rats. Then I ran a combat with a Dangerous opponent (the man) and Troublesome rats. In the end players Fulfilled their Vow and Forged a Bond with the village.
We played for 3 and half hours. Players enjoyed the game. It went better than I expected. :)
That sounds like a great session! Thanks for sharing, and thanks for giving Ironsworn a try.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the great game! :)
ReplyDelete