Session 09: Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble, is up.
Session 09: Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble, is up. It's a bit shorter than I would have liked, but the meds are kicking in. :)
Links in the usual places, but if you have difficulty locating it, please let me know.
Little less on the Oracle this session, but ideas came to me without the need to roll. Hope it's not too obvious.
http://irollsolo.tiddlyspot.com
Links in the usual places, but if you have difficulty locating it, please let me know.
Little less on the Oracle this session, but ideas came to me without the need to roll. Hope it's not too obvious.
http://irollsolo.tiddlyspot.com
John Risus, it is probably my bias, but I think you writing is stronger when you rely less on the Oracle. Please don't let my opinion influence you overly much though. Do whatever works best for you.
ReplyDeleteI've not played EHZD so reading your story is expossing me to the world for the first time. I've no idea what is inside a Cauldron and I’m looking forward to reading about. Cheers!
Jeremiah Wenneker Cauldrons, no spoiler, are 'interesting' to say the least in the source fiction! Thanks by the way. It really was interesting to be sitting there mid-session, looking at the Formidable journey track for The Linn Pass, going, "OMG, with a 1 in Wits and and only halfway through the track... what is going to make this interesting for me!?" I honestly was getting burned out on trying to complete that journey so I could 'move on' with the story I was hoping would come after. As I waffled on it, I just asked myself what would make it interesting to me again. The Snow Leopard had brought back some smoke to the fire, but I wanted flame! (Pain meds helped too LOL) So the idea of a Cauldron popped into my head and I ran with it. Hope you and I enjoy what comes next!
ReplyDeleteHey, John Risus! Thanks so much for continuing to share. Can't wait for the next session.
ReplyDeleteRegarding journeys ... I would generally suggest defaulting to troublesome or dangerous for the get from here to there in this session sort of travel. For formidable or greater, you would interleave the journey with stops in settlements, other quests and adventures, etc. Otherwise, as you note, the move can get a bit tiresome.
Plus, get a horse companion asset and reskin it as a robot mount!
Shawn Tomkin my pleasure! I am really enjoying it. I am looking forward to the next session myself, but RL has kind of put a dampener on my solo game time at the moment. :(
ReplyDeleteI definitely have learned my lesson as far as going above Troublesome/ Dangerous journeys. Climbing a mountain pass is not as severe as I rated it. Or at least as severe as I wanted it or the higher rating made it.
Yeah, I was keen on advancing the Assets I had when I finally got some XP, but something that improves my Wits or makes journeys easier is now the priority! LOL.
I am still 100% into HZD as a setting and the character Nikkel, but I find that I want to experiment with other genres/settings as well, including the default. So I'm gonna have to figure out how to manage that soon as well.