So, with Revelation convention coming, it's time for me to print out some assets and get myself ready.
So, with Revelation convention coming, it's time for me to print out some assets and get myself ready.
I was thinking of getting a ringbound copy of Preview 6 to have at the table. Not strictly necessary, but you know...
I assume I can just go for A4 in the quote? For printing the PDF wasn' optimised for a particular size?
Ordered some card. Getting some paper clips. Excited.
I was thinking of getting a ringbound copy of Preview 6 to have at the table. Not strictly necessary, but you know...
I assume I can just go for A4 in the quote? For printing the PDF wasn' optimised for a particular size?
Ordered some card. Getting some paper clips. Excited.
HI, Graham Spearing! The rulebook is 6x9 format. Printing at A4 and scaling up (130% or so?) should be OK. The PDF is high enough resolution that it won't look horrible. Post a pic if you do it! I've yet to see any sort of hardcopy other than a handful of printed pages for markup.
ReplyDeleteAs for the cards, make sure you grab the latest assets off the site. I made an update yesterday. I'll probably not be messing with those further for the next couple of weeks.
I hope it goes well! (eeeek! I'm super nervous!)
Also, Graham Spearing .. you may already have this, but the playtest doc has some material on getting a game started.
ReplyDeleteIt's not linked from the main site anymore because some of the info is outdated or has been made redundant by the evolution of the rulebook, but there are perhaps some helpful bits.
Caveat: The page references are probably all completely borked!
docs.google.com - Ironsworn Playtest Primer
Great stuff. Depending on where I go it might be scaled up A4. Go large.
ReplyDeleteTerror in the Tempest Hills is a guided adventure, that has a number of staged Waypoints leading to a location. Prep is super light, with prompts for Moves and rulebook pages. I have a number of image cards that provide visuals on where they are; inspiration only.
Simple tale, with a twist and options for in game exposition. Play to find out what happens.
Shawn Tomkin I printed my copy on a Brother laser, not at high resolution. Not "approved" toner.
ReplyDeleteNot the best job putting it together, I did it fast (I plan on getting a "real" book!). I printed it as booklet on letter-size paper, in "signatures" of 24pp (6 sheets) each.
Each signature is stapled, whole thing stapled with 160-sheet cap. stapler.
Card cover, Brother inkjet.
Glued and covered spine, taped to cover the staples.
It's a little too tight but it's not going to fall apart!
drive.google.com - IRONSWORN - Google Drive
Oooh .. awesome ronald v. Thank you! Though it saddens me that the spreads are showing up for you as opposing rather than facing pages. Something for Graham Spearing to watch out for perhaps. Right now (Preview 6), it's set up so the spreads (hopefully) work out when viewing the PDF in two-page mode. When I go to print, I may need to adjust.
ReplyDeleteThe online auto binding companies have fairly rudimentary options. I'm happy just to get it printed, the proper book will be the treasure. Utilitarianism abounds.
ReplyDeleteGraham Spearing ... that sounds like a great format for a convention game. Can't wait to hear how it goes.
ReplyDeleteShawn Tomkin That's probably from how I broke up the print job to do "signatures".
ReplyDeleteI looked more to keep the chapters starting "recto", but I'm not really well informed regarding printing and layout.
I've had plenty of goofs printing things out, especially not printing from the cover on the laser (b&w) so I can do it with the inkjet.
Next time!
Sadly the process was fully automated so I have the back cover as page 2! Never mind, I get a full spiral bound copy to show off, and I'm as excited about getting this as I am to get a huge stack of Modiphius books!
ReplyDelete