07 - Apostle of the Broken.pdf


Branwhyn and Corinna continue their journey back to Crow's Perch, performing a favor for a Thane. Surely it will be an easy vow with problems or difficulties . . .

Thank you to everyone for reading, I hope these stories are an enjoyment. Comments, criticisms, suggestions, and charges of heresy are encouraged and welcome.

All art is, of course, the copyright of their owners.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=12ITEu6NHrGTLWXkh1drMbsWMA4xeWNui

Comments

  1. I am enjoying the heck out of these tales! Such a great character overall, and I really enjoyed this grim little side mission. I'm loving the interactions between Branwhyn and Corinna, and very interested to see where that goes. I've been giving thought to character companions (not animals) for the next asset pack, and I feel like we need an asset to represent Corinna.

    And thanks also for the detail in your rules commentary. It is super helpful. It's amazing how often the oracles feel perfect for the circumstance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeremiah Wenneker holy hells man, I was ... yeah, on pins and needles! I too had a tough fight in my AP, well, actually still in it! I found this; "Ironically, I don’t have to win this fight, just get away, so now that I have initiative back, I’ll try to Secure an Advantage​ w/ Iron. (6, 3, 6+1), Strong Hit. +2 Momentum, which takes us up to +4."

    Inspired! I don't know why I envisioned being trapped in the conflict! Strange really, maybe it is the more of the view that my character has? Anyway, great read!

    Funny too how I immediately had different visions of what the Oracle meant in a couple places. The one that sticks in my mind was "Delivered"! I would have gone a completely different direction, but understand your PoV, and that made sense.

    Destination North... Floating South. About sums up how my own AP is going too! LOL. Now, MORE!!! Go now, roll, write, and be glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shawn Tomkin, a Changeling Companion asset would be very neat. I would love to see that though. I don't have any sense yet of what her asset abilities would be. Though maybe that is because it's late when I'm writing this and not very creative at the moment.

    I'm glad the rule commentary is useful when I first started writing for Branwhyn I had been thinking about using the document as an introduction to some of my tabletop players. By the second or third chapter though it helped me follow the action and so I'm glad its helpful to the reader as well.

    John Risus, character conception and playing the character are important. The idea of escape may not enter into the mind of some Ironsworn. For Nikkel, until her confidence went down, there was no reason to run. After her confidence faltered, I suspected she needed to continue to fight because it was necessary to restore confidence in herself. My $0.02 on your character.

    That is why the oracles are so great! They are evocative words that land very differently and are open to interpretation as well as situation. They are super useful in that way. You'll be happy to know, the next chapter is being edited. It will probably be up Monday. Then my editing will be caught up and the pace will slow down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeremiah Wenneker, that's great news! Monday... I'm ready! You'll just have to pick up the pace El Oh El, people are depending on you now. ;) Yeah, Nikkel had to push forward. Not necessarily what I would have done, but the Vow system and the Oracles kind of, as I've said before, give the PC their own feeling.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment