In my continuing effort to spam this Ironsworn board with creative content, I present a one-off adventure of the S.M.
In my continuing effort to spam this Ironsworn board with creative content, I present a one-off adventure of the S.M.S. Ironsworn, a Dresden-class light cruiser operating in the South China Sea at the onset of World War I. Largely inspired by Bernhard Lutz's historical fiction journal narrative of Von Eisenhut’s Company and the actual historical events of the S.M.S. Emden.
All art is, of course, the copyright of their owners.
As always, thank you for reading and for Shawn Tomkin making such a great system for us to work with.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ismtsJEfJ--zWnscne8D8QZlZR7e61a7/view?usp=sharing
All art is, of course, the copyright of their owners.
As always, thank you for reading and for Shawn Tomkin making such a great system for us to work with.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ismtsJEfJ--zWnscne8D8QZlZR7e61a7/view?usp=sharing
Wow very inventive and entertaining 👍😀
ReplyDeleteMark Brady Thank you. :-)
ReplyDeleteSurprisingly, since naval battles never were my thing, I really enjoyed that! Not to mention it came at a fortuitous time, as I was just making a character for a new run of Ironsworn were I was going to play a tank commander and his tank crew who would take part of the invasion of Northern Africa, then Sicily, and finally Normandy through the surrender of World War 2. For those who may know, my inspiration was G.I. Combat's "Haunted Tank", I like how you made a companion of the infantry aboard the ship and I will probably do the same with the crew of the tank. I really like too how it reads like a ship's log. Good stuff!
ReplyDeleteHey, I'm a captain! Awesome. Looking forward to reading in full.
ReplyDeleteGreat stuff really! And I agree on Bernhard Lutz having done much to spread the Ironsworn word!
ReplyDeleteJohn Risus I look forward to seeing that. A WW2 tank crew with asset cards representing some the treadhrads in the tank would be very cool. I was honestly a little surprised how easy the reskin was. The Marines are just the Horse with a slight flavor change. Navigator is Wayfinder and Veteran is unchanged. Ironsworn is a very dynamic system.
ReplyDeleteJeremiah Wenneker I was looking at the Horse Asset as well, was thinking it might make a good Tank Asset. Probably mix and match, grabbing different levels of advancements from various different Assets. This is the reason I mentioned a "Mad Lib" kind of formula for Assets previously. I want to use some of the mystical Assets too, should fit the genre if you're familiar with "Haunted Tank" graphic novels.
ReplyDeleteJohn Risus, unfortunately, I'm not familiar with graphic novels, though they sound interesting. In m narrative above, the ship was the main "character" and its story was told through the Captain's voice. If the focus is similar in your vision, you might it to be the protagonist with the notable crew as assets. Alternatively, the tank and commander may well have an abstract blending of attributes and health tracks. Just some random thoughts, as I said I'm not familiar with the work.
ReplyDelete