Sitting waiting on the work network to come online and my thoughts circle around to Ironsworn...
Sitting waiting on the work network to come online and my thoughts circle around to Ironsworn...
I have been thinking of modding another solo rules set I bought recently to fit a genre I want to solo play in. I got to thinking what would I have to mod in Ironsworn to do the same genre. Which brought me to Assets, of course.
Now as an Ironsworn and PbtA newb in general, Assets are new to me. I am familiar with FATE and Stunts, so was thinking, "Could we come up with a Mad Libs type of Asset creator for them like FATE does with Stunts?"
Thoughts?
I have been thinking of modding another solo rules set I bought recently to fit a genre I want to solo play in. I got to thinking what would I have to mod in Ironsworn to do the same genre. Which brought me to Assets, of course.
Now as an Ironsworn and PbtA newb in general, Assets are new to me. I am familiar with FATE and Stunts, so was thinking, "Could we come up with a Mad Libs type of Asset creator for them like FATE does with Stunts?"
Thoughts?
Hey, John Risus. Assets are a bit specific to Ironsworn (PbtA games tend to use playbooks), but they are relatively close analogues to Fate Stunts. I've noticed some folks here doing pretty reasonable jobs of hacking their own assets. I'd like to reinforce that option by providing some "Build your Own" direction, but it'd probably be a bit down the road as a "Hacking Ironsworn" download or some-such.
ReplyDeleteI"m neck-deep in assets at the moment because I've been working on the Supporter Edition assets. The process is all pretty unstructured, but it'd be an interesting thought exercise to go back and reverse engineer things. Let me put a pin in this.