Hail again fellow Sworn. I have another question for you all. It is as thus:
Hail again fellow Sworn. I have another question for you all. It is as thus:
I am confused by Pay the Price. This is primarily in the area of combat with a creature. Say I miss and suffer the Pay the Price. Does this mean I suffer harm and Pay the Price or how does that work?
I know there is a table for rolling on in Pay the Price, but I can't really figure out how one might suffer harm.
Hope that made sense.
Peace out and thanks!
I am confused by Pay the Price. This is primarily in the area of combat with a creature. Say I miss and suffer the Pay the Price. Does this mean I suffer harm and Pay the Price or how does that work?
I know there is a table for rolling on in Pay the Price, but I can't really figure out how one might suffer harm.
Hope that made sense.
Peace out and thanks!
Hi, Dale Miller.
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, in combat, Pay the Price can mean that you suffer physical harm. It can also mean that you are knocked down, lose your weapon, are demoralized, an ally or companion is put in harm's way, or any of a number of other things. Look to the current situation to determine what it means when you Pay the Price in combat. If you want to put in the hands of fate, you can use the Pay the Price table or Ask the Oracle.
Look at page 106-107 in the rulebook for details on the Pay the Price move, including some guidance on how to resolve it. Make sure to grab the latest PDF (from last weekend) if you don't have it already, as there was some changes here that might help you.
To learn more about harm, take a look at page 20 for an introduction of harm, and page 92-93 for the Endure Harm move. When you face physical damage in a fight or otherwise, you make the Endure Harm move to see what happens.
Let me know if looking at those sections helps clear things up for you.
I have downloaded the newest pdf and I will take a look at it. After I posted I kinda figure out what was going on, it just took me a while to wrap my head around it.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the help!
Now it's time to fulfill some of those Vows.