Just hit 300 members in the G+ Ironsworn community! That's super exciting. Everyone freeze. No one leaves!
Just hit 300 members in the G+ Ironsworn community! That's super exciting. Everyone freeze. No one leaves!
I've also had 800 downloads of the rulebook via DriveThruRPG in 3 days. I have no idea how good that is in the grand scheme of things, but it's about 1/3 of the total downloads through my site over 1 year (much of which was return visitors), so I'm excited and happy.
I have zero social media presence, so it's all thanks to others sharing the word. Thank you!
I've also had 800 downloads of the rulebook via DriveThruRPG in 3 days. I have no idea how good that is in the grand scheme of things, but it's about 1/3 of the total downloads through my site over 1 year (much of which was return visitors), so I'm excited and happy.
I have zero social media presence, so it's all thanks to others sharing the word. Thank you!
800 in 3 days is really good, in my experience. How this game has really resonated with people and the engagement with the community has been very impressive.
ReplyDeleteI think that if it hadn't been for the Lone Wolf Roleplaying community, in which I heard of the game for the first time, I would've heard of it now that it is on DriveThruRPG! A huge thank you, Shawn Tomkin for this fantastic game!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.drivethrurpg.com/m/product/238369
ReplyDeletedrivethrurpg.com - DriveThruRPG.com
That's awesome! I'm so stoked to see your success!
ReplyDelete(You're on the front page!)
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/iypuAMSwYbSwtN3nKIRmR2-FRerwfwxoZY5-pHLuUCQ2TCvF0yhET5euGtzOeGIxqjbraCm1gbzYdxOVpI1MP_tNyTh5I53jomk=s0
It is a very good accomplishment. Congratulations Shawn. 800 in three days, if that were sales, would put you near the top of the hottest sellers list. I've put out a bunch of pay-what-you-want titles and have found in my own experience and with asking other people, that you're paid sales equal about 1/10 two 1/4 of your free giveaways. So you would be looking at about sales of 80 to 200. That would put you probably at the number four or five spot. You definitely deserve that. You can capitalize on this when you put out the print version.
ReplyDeleteAlso, Shawn, if you have anyvqueations about the ins and outs of Drive thru you can pm or email me.
ReplyDeleteMay I ask about the future of the system now that it is out on #drivethrurpg.
ReplyDeleteAny updates or supplements or different settings in planning?
Hi, Markus Raab. Thanks for asking.
ReplyDeleteMy plans for the near-future are to smooth out remaining issues in the PDF and prep the print-on-demand version. I also need to update it to utilize a Creative Commons license.
I'd also like to provide packs of asset cards via on-demand printing.
After that, I do want to offer setting/genre kits. No firm plans as of yet, but I'll get to work on it once I am finally done futzing with the core. These mini-expansions would provide modular setting info, new assets, etc.
I really want to do a science fiction expansion, but that'll be a bit more ambitious. Maybe a book unto itself, but still hopefully plugging into the core rulebook rather than duplicating it. I sort of have this vision of "iron age in space" which takes the tone of the game and shifts it into the far future. We'll see. Art is kind of a tough issue with SF, as I wouldn't be able to leverage the sort of photo assets I did with the core book.
Anyway, there you go. Probably more than you wanted to know. For the moment, I'm still catching issues and trying to get the main rulebook and assets as polished as I can. Thanks!
Shawn Tomkin I'm just going to pop in and say that POD asset cards would be amazing. My group are all big fans of Warhammer RP 3 and being able to say "look, this one has cards too!" would go a long way to selling them on Ironsworn.
ReplyDeleteShawn Tomkin I definitely agree that POD asset cards would be awesome
ReplyDeleteSciFi would be well served with a game like this. True planetary exploration and adventure could occur without proper.
ReplyDeleteProper =pre-planning
ReplyDelete