I'm running a short taster Ironsworn Quest series on Roll20 for some new acolytes.
I'm running a short taster Ironsworn Quest series on Roll20 for some new acolytes.
Here's some macro fun...
Go to the Ironsworn Roll20 page.
Click on the My settings cog symbol.
Change your "Display name" to your character name and click the Save button.
Next go to the Collection tab.
Click the Macro +Add button
Name the Macro "Edge"
Type in the following;
/em attempts an Edge test
/r {2d10}<[[d6+X]]
Where X is your Edge ability score. You can also use an emote (/em) phase of your choosing. e.g., "attempts a mighty feat of dexterity"
Save the macro and then click the "In bar" check box.
Repeat for all of your Abilities.
You'll now have a series of buttons on the lower left screen to click for dice rolls.
Now, yes, you can get +1 Forward, but useful...
Here's some macro fun...
Go to the Ironsworn Roll20 page.
Click on the My settings cog symbol.
Change your "Display name" to your character name and click the Save button.
Next go to the Collection tab.
Click the Macro +Add button
Name the Macro "Edge"
Type in the following;
/em attempts an Edge test
/r {2d10}<[[d6+X]]
Where X is your Edge ability score. You can also use an emote (/em) phase of your choosing. e.g., "attempts a mighty feat of dexterity"
Save the macro and then click the "In bar" check box.
Repeat for all of your Abilities.
You'll now have a series of buttons on the lower left screen to click for dice rolls.
Now, yes, you can get +1 Forward, but useful...
You could replace the X with a dice query and also add a dice query for the emote to include a drop down listing of all the abilities and a query at the end for the +1. Disclaimer: I have not read the rules yet and just speak from my experience with roll20 macros. So I am not 100% sure this would be correct but I think it should work. Can`t access Roll20 from here to test it
ReplyDelete/em attempts an Edge Test with ?{Your Ability|Edge|Iron|Heart|Shadow|Wits}
/r {2d10}<[[d6+?{Edge Ability Score}]]+?{Forward|0}
Can anyone interested please check if this works?
I think a nested macro where each Ability itself is a choice in the drop down would work too.
/em attempts an Edge Test
/r {2d10}<[[d6+?{Your Ability|Edge, 1|Iron, 2|Heart, 2|Shadow, 2|Wits, 3}]]+?{Forward|0}
The numbers here would of course be your Ability scores.
But I am very unsure about this one.
This way you would have 1 Macro to do everything. If you wanted you could even create the edge abilities on the character sheets and pull in the modifier based on the drop down choice I think. But I have done that rarely so not sure how it would work out.
D:
ReplyDeleteWe only need the character sheet now. xD
The drop-down box to choose your ability is an added and unnecessary step I think. If you're going to click a button on screen to make a roll, then you might as well have 5 buttons, one for each Ability. The buttons take up minimal screen real estate. The +?{Forward|0} works a treat. So it can be tweaked to;
ReplyDelete/r {2d10}<[[d6+X+?{Forward|0}]]
I just like as few macros as possible because as a GM I am used to needing lots. Personal preference in the end. Glad I could add something helpful.
ReplyDelete