Hi gang, I just found this on Drive throughRPG and would just like to say well done to Shawn for thinking about the...
Hi gang, I just found this on Drive throughRPG and would just like to say well done to Shawn for thinking about the solo player and how to entertain them. I have not tried out the gameplay as yet, but I do like the artwork that I have seen so far.
Do you plan to add more fantasy races / creatures to the mix at a later date ? I have seen elves but no Dwarf folk (unless I have missed them on my quick flick through of the rules.)
Regards all,
Ivor
Do you plan to add more fantasy races / creatures to the mix at a later date ? I have seen elves but no Dwarf folk (unless I have missed them on my quick flick through of the rules.)
Regards all,
Ivor
Ironsworn is pretty low fantasy by default (and all PCs are human). I took a pass at some Race Assets that allow players to be any of the classic four fantasy races (Human, Elf, Dwarf, and Halfling) but they're largely untested and super unofficial.
ReplyDeleteIf you're interested, here's the link where they're posted:
plus.google.com - I was thinking today and took a pass at some racial Assets for Ironsworn (in ...
Hi, Ivor Cogdell. Welcome! As Justin Gordon said, Ironsworn is primarily human-centric, but it's pretty easy to skin things to accommodate your tastes. Picking appropriate assets can give you some of the flavor of particular races, even without making changes to them. You can even decide that your players each get 1 bonus asset to start which reflects their character's heritage.
ReplyDeleteI would like to eventually have a higher-fantasy version of Ironsworn with races and such, but that's a bit down the road. Justin's custom assets are a great start.