Hail fellow Sworn! I have a question about companions.

Hail fellow Sworn! I have a question about companions.

Can they use the moves or are they limited to merely assisting. Couldn’t find a good answer in the rule book.

BTW I am loving this game

Comments

  1. Hi, Dale. Welcome, and thanks for giving Ironsworn a look!

    NPCs (including companions) don't make their own moves. Everything is funneled through the character, and companions can provide assistance via their abilities.

    However, companions are not automatons, and you should also weave them into your narrative and they may give you narrative framing that helps you in a situation. For example, if you faced a foe who was mounted or could run faster than you, fleeing may not make any sense. If you have a horse companion, you can Face Danger to get the heck out of there. Depending on your upgrades, your companion's ability might also come into play when you make that move.

    Does that help?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It did help thanks Shawn! Time to fulfill those vows.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment