I know there's an extended play example in the book, but are there any YouTube videos or podcast episodes of some...
I know there's an extended play example in the book, but are there any YouTube videos or podcast episodes of some example gameplay? That would be pretty cool - and helpful to those of us still wrapping our head around everything.
There isn't, Derek Cutsinger. I wish there was. I have had on my to-do list doing an actual play walkthrough (either solo or co-op) as a video, but I'm not sure how soon I'd get to it. Also, I'm not super-excited about listening to myself talk. Blargh.
ReplyDeleteIf someone were to put together a nice quality actual play video, I'd have to consider how to reward that person. Probably something involving a free Ironsworn hardcopy when they are ready. Just saying.
Shawn Tomkin I'll keep that in mind. I read up over the weekend, and now I'm going to give it a spin this week. I've got some questions, but they might get answered during play. Really looking forward to digging into this!
ReplyDeleteQuite a few of the play reports here could be useful as well.
ReplyDeleteYeah, good point Martin Bentley. If you haven't already, I would dig into the play reports via "Play Reports" in the sidebar, Derek Cutsinger. There is some awesome stuff there! Good insight into playing the game, but also great stories.
ReplyDeleteI've been waffling on doing a youtubed playthrough of Ironsworn, I think I'd like to do at least a duo though, otherwise it's just a LOT of one person talking.
ReplyDeleteI think to be successful it's going to want some music and sfx and production values, lol.
Or roll and then really dig into the narration, like you were telling a story...hmmm
Justin Gordon Yeah, almost audiobook style. That would be really cool! If I get comfortable enough with the system, I might end up giving that a shot.
ReplyDeleteMartin Bentley Definitely. I was just wondering if there was anything to listen to as well - especially while I'm at work :)
ReplyDeleteI am happy to read mine aloud and record it. Will not be anything fancy though. ;)
ReplyDeleteDerek Cutsinger I think I'm going to. Let me wrangle my lady into playing a session with me and we'll see what happens. Having two voices might make it a little less grating. I've got a very little video editing experience (just enough to be dangerous). I'll update everybody if this ever makes the light of day
ReplyDeleteI rendered a proof of concept: youtube.com - Ironsworn Demo
ReplyDeleteObviously I have to actually play a game to go with it XD
Holy cow, Justin Gordon. I think that's a great POC. Please make it happen! (I roll Compel -- strong hit!)
ReplyDeleteShawn Tomkin I talked to Lysa, we're going to run a demo session and I'll convert it to video. I'm off work this week and thus have more time than I normally do :D
ReplyDeleteThat looks fab.
ReplyDeleteSuper excited to see the result, Justin Gordon. Big thanks to both of you in advance.
ReplyDelete