I get a ton of visitors to the Ironsworn website from Brazil (second only to the US), and I'm wondering where it's...

I get a ton of visitors to the Ironsworn website from Brazil (second only to the US), and I'm wondering where it's all coming from. Is there a thriving RPG community in Brazil? Do I need to see about doing a Portuguese translation of Ironsworn?

In any case, muito obrigado!

Comments

  1. Hello, Shawn! I am an Ironsworn player from Brazil. The RPG community in Brazil is really small, but very active! I have a channel on youtube about solo RPG (only in Portuguese, I am almost certain is the only brazilian channel about solo play) and I always mention the Ironsworn RPG. And some of my followers wrote to me asking questions about the game, where they can find the book...i am really happy to know that Brazil is in this position related to Ironsworn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the support, Tarcisio Lucas! Your YouTube channel looks great. I wish I spoke Brazilian Portuguese.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brazil's no small country... you've got a real opportunity to break into the market! If I'm not mistaken, Sharp Swords & Sinister Spells' author, Diogo Nogueira, is from Brazil. Kind of going the opposite direction there, but it's all relevant. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew of at least one Brazillian writer back when I was with Alderac on L5R. It was Maxime LeMaire.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dan Davis you are right! It is a very small RPG community , but we have great games developed here. SS&SS is a good example; and there are at least other 5 great brazilian RPG systems (Busca Final, Old Dragon, 3D&T, Daemon, Mighty Blade,..) and other indie games. So, if Ironsworn was able to enter in the "radar" of brazilian players, it is because it is really a very cool game!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eduardo Caetano is a great game designer with games like Violentina and My favourite plaything. Silvio Rivera's Fabrica Editora is translating and publishing many games in Brazil, like Undying, Evolution Pulse and Don't rest your head. Both are on Facebook only, afaik.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment