Shawn Tomkin I've started translating the core book to Spanish as a way of practicing my own linguistic skills.
Shawn Tomkin I've started translating the core book to Spanish as a way of practicing my own linguistic skills. It's going to be a long project, but it'll be worth it. Translating the table of contents was definitely a good exercise! So far, I've managed to get everything up to page 23, just before the "Oracle rolls" section.
I must admit I admire your writing skills! Following your ideas is easy and enjoyable. Also, the level of detail you've added to the book is fantastic! By focusing on translating I've been able to see Ironsworn from a new perspective.
I'm using markdown conventions for the format of titles, lists, etc. which is why I'm linking StackEdit.
In case anyone wants to have a look at it, I'll be updating the file from here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FBPLYTgs2cnrfi_uyHQJEQDG-RJrWcOT2d5iFllG6iA/edit?usp=sharing
https://stackedit.io/app#
I must admit I admire your writing skills! Following your ideas is easy and enjoyable. Also, the level of detail you've added to the book is fantastic! By focusing on translating I've been able to see Ironsworn from a new perspective.
I'm using markdown conventions for the format of titles, lists, etc. which is why I'm linking StackEdit.
In case anyone wants to have a look at it, I'll be updating the file from here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FBPLYTgs2cnrfi_uyHQJEQDG-RJrWcOT2d5iFllG6iA/edit?usp=sharing
https://stackedit.io/app#
That's exciting, Thredith Undomiel! I've been accused of stretching what should be a 50 page book into 270 pages, so I apologize in advance for all of the extra words which require translation.
ReplyDeleteLet's talk about formalizing your translation efforts at some point in the next month or so. I am going to be putting an open SRD out which is essentially the mechanics, character creation and moves of chapters 1-3. Translations of the entire book will be something I would also be thrilled to see, but there's an argument for focusing on the SRD to make it easier to pop back into layout and make it less of an effort for you.
Also, I might suggest you maybe hold for a couple of weeks just to avoid transferring errors, but it is getting to the point where any goofs are relatively minor and probably caught in translation.
Let's talk via email at some point!
Thanks, Shawn Tomkin! I'm planning on translating more elements this weekend, but I don't think I'll get as far as chapter 3 yet, so no worries.
ReplyDeleteAs I mentioned before, the way you've written the rules is clear. I haven't faced any major difficulties, except for the names of some of the beasts or regions from the table of contents because they don't exist in Spanish. Nonetheless, I had fun trying to come up with possible equivalents.
I like the idea of communicating via email, so let me know!
Cheers!
Thredith Undomiel Hey, Thredith. I would like to help you translating the game to Spanish. I'm very interesting in the translation project since my friends don't speak English and I'm eager to play with them. How can we get in touch?
ReplyDelete