Weekly Ironsworn update is up.

Weekly Ironsworn update is up. Some relatively substantive changes this week, but nothing that should force a new download unless you want to ensure you have the latest version. At some point soon we'll get this thing locked down, and I'll quit feeling a bit sad when I see someone with a personal printed copy. Getting there!
Download direct: https://www.ironswornrpg.com/downloads
DrivethruRPG: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/238369/Ironsworn
Change Log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TIuhHEsplsQjhkhaVxB2Ea298XP7T_Lt
Thanks for all the continued feedback!
Great image.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Martin Bentley. The artsy-fartsy party of me calls it "First Snow". Or maybe "Winter is Coming."
ReplyDeleteShawn Tomkin I have to ask, where do you come up with all of these images? It's got a very consistent aesthetic throughout which seems difficult to pull off using photos alone
ReplyDelete📍
ReplyDeleteDo you intend to sale the final version on paper? I'd buy that personally.
ReplyDeleteMartin Bentley I agree. Typically I believe I am not much influenced by the graphic "surface" of a product, but Ironsworn's consistently beautiful and appropriate illustrations certainly contributed to my enjoyment of the game. The quality of the things you can put together with free resources and good taste (and a lot of hard work) is amazing :)
ReplyDeleteEvandro Novel I would be lying if I said that the number of kickass looking people in the artwork did not influence me at all.
ReplyDeleteHi, Justin Gordon. The images are paid-for stock from a few different sources, typically manipulated via Photoshop. Some images are comprised of multiple elements (swapped heads, different backgrounds, different outfits and gear, etc.). I'm glad to hear people think there's a consistent aesthetic, but honestly if I didn't make the interiors black-and-white it'd be a heck of a mess. There won't be a V2 of Ironsworn in color unless I move to illustrations.
ReplyDeleteUsing photos started out as a placeholder layout test, but I liked the cinematic, gritty aesthetic it created, so I ran with it.
Damien Casoni: Yes, printed versions will be available through DriveThruRPG/RPGNow.
Shawn Tomkin Ah, thank you for clarifying! I thought these images were free, but it makes sense they are: they are very professional. B/W images might be one of those things that are born out of necessity and turn out to be an advantage. I really love them as they are! Swapped heads / background: that was very accurate - totally invisible to my eyes!
ReplyDelete