While I was playing my Solo game, I started with only 2 (randomly chosen) Assets (Companion - Raven, and Ritual -...

While I was playing my Solo game, I started with only 2 (randomly chosen) Assets (Companion - Raven, and Ritual - Visage). I also randomized almost everything of my character, because... hey, why not?
I decided that I would choose the 3rd Asset after a while, when I had a better vision of the character, a sort of short term advancement.
I had lot of "stealthy" moments, and I'm playing as a female teenager, running away from a marriage she doesn't want. Sure, I had some tense moment with my dagger, however now I'm ready to choose my 3rd Asset.
Now, I was searching for a "Thief" or a "Virgin" Asset, but I didn't find something like that. The closest one is "Shadow Walk" Asset, re-painted with a not-supernatural taste, for the "Thief".
But, for a Hero with a pure soul, doing things with charisma, or with an adorable natural behavior, or a "victim that must be protected" aura, I found nothing.
Maybe, a good start for a new Asset Set :D

Comments

  1. Hi, Andrea Parducci. Good points. I don't really have a straight-up thief'y asset, or one focused on charm. There are some that are components of the typical thief/rogue archetype, such as Pretender, Cutthroat, Trickster, etc.

    For some roles I am just letting the stat tell the story. A +3 shadow character is going to be inherently good at being sneaky, and a +3 heart character can be plucky and charming. But, I agree there are some gaps. I'll make a note of those specifically.

    The nice things about having the assets distinct from the book is that I can continue to expand them. Or, maybe that's a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, you can't have ALL the possible kind of Asset in your core book. However, it's crystal clear that the Assets you choose to have in it give a very specific tone to the game. Usually the standard player starts to build his character from the bits he find in the book, so what he initially finds will shape his adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I didn't approach things from the standpoint of "let me get all the fantasy rpg archetypes in there." At lest not once I got a few under my belt. You can tell the ranger asset is one of the early ones. It's a bit blah thematically. But, I like to play ranger types so It's managed to survive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Probably, another cool Asset you could add is "Solitary". Something especially useful for solo play, with an accent on the loner hero cliché. Maybe, it could be nice to play "destroying" standard moves, with fiction requirements like "When you are on your own, with no communities you can count on..." or "every time you worsen a bond, making your relation more tense..." or "When you let an ally of yours suffering a bad fortune in your place..."
    Sure, they could seem too grumpy for certain campaigns, still I feel they can be gold with certain Sword & Sorcery feelings. What do you think, can you suggest me some complete Asset moves based on that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. (ops, I should create a new post, here I'll get almost no visibility...)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment