At long last, here's the first entry my first playtest - the adventure of Hezekiah Edwards in British mid-18th...
At long last, here's the first entry my first playtest - the adventure of Hezekiah Edwards in British mid-18th Century North America. I decided to set this during King George's War (1744-1748) rather than the French and Indian, as the earlier conflict saw more raiding and frontier fighting than the later war.
Awesome start, Bjorsa Brimrsson. I love stories set in this period and can't wait for more.
ReplyDeleteReally enjoyed the read. Especially like the clean format, may have to snag a bit of it to make my solo play blog a bit cleaner. Looking forward to seeing what happens!
ReplyDeleteNicely presented and well written - and you jumped right into the timeframe of the Austrian succession war. Any chance the two stories will be connected? Have to read up on king George war now
ReplyDeleteBernhard Lutz thanks, man! Yeah, I decided to default back to the earlier period as the French and Indian (Seven Years' War) was dominated with mainly fortress sieges and set-piece battles. King George's War was the North America theatre of the War of the Austrian Succession.
ReplyDeleteI took a bit of artistic license in moving the outbreak of hostilities up in North America - I don't believe word actually reached the colonies of war until May 1744.