Question about; Make a Camp.
Question about; Make a Camp.
One person rolls.
On a strong hit, each can choose 3 options.
Can I choose Recuperate 3 times or must it be 3 different?
The text says, each of you may choose your own benefits, combine that with 3 choices, it could be that we can each choose 3 options. This seems like a lot. Add to that some options also include companions.
As I see it.
2 players
Strong hit
Assuming that one player cant pick the same option more than once
P1 picks option 1, 3 and 4.
P2 picks 1, 2 and 5.
Total health, 3 per player? Seems like a lot, assuming my assumptions above
One person rolls.
On a strong hit, each can choose 3 options.
Can I choose Recuperate 3 times or must it be 3 different?
The text says, each of you may choose your own benefits, combine that with 3 choices, it could be that we can each choose 3 options. This seems like a lot. Add to that some options also include companions.
As I see it.
2 players
Strong hit
Assuming that one player cant pick the same option more than once
P1 picks option 1, 3 and 4.
P2 picks 1, 2 and 5.
Total health, 3 per player? Seems like a lot, assuming my assumptions above
As I read it, one person rolls one time for everyone and each player chooses up to three different results for their PC on a Strong Hit. So if we were playing as PCs and you roll a Strong Hit, then you can pick three different (maybe 1, 3, 4) and I could pick three (maybe 1, 2, 5), like you suggest. If I have a Companion I could choose three for them as well, I believe, so maybe 1, 4, 5.
ReplyDeleteThat's how I take it anyways. But I only see that option 1 actually recovers "Health", other options recover Spirit, Momentum, or such.
Option 2 has a health option. Further thought of the wording with 'you' which may have thrown me. I think now the P2 picks would not include the rolling player.
ReplyDeleteSo P1s pick of 1,3 and 4 gives 1 health to each but P2s pick only gives health to themselves, 2 in this case.
Little confused now...
Ok, that may not work
ReplyDeleteIf the roller picked 1, 2 and 3 that gives 2 health to each and -1 supply (to both, not sure?)
If P2 picked 1, 3 and 4, they would get an extra health to them, but not to P1, unless my first idea was correct?
So I think you had the same issue I had the first time I played. Companion is a specific term in the context of Ironsworn, referring to your Companion class Assets. In the text, other players are always referred to as Allies.
ReplyDeleteBasically you could use that move to improve the health track of you (the player choosing the option) and your pets.
I think that you must make three different choices, otherwise why would I ever choose to Partake (and suffer -1 supply) if I could choose Recuperate twice?
I believe it is referring to "Companion", as in a Companion Asset, ie; Horse, Hound, etc. The things listed as 'Companions' in the Asset section on their cards.
ReplyDeleteNot as fellow PC companions. I read it as two chances to renew your health. Option 1 is take straight up recovery for yourself and any Assets. Option 2 you can recover more at the cost of Supplies.
Maybe Shawn Tomkin will chime in and explain it better, or clear it up correctly for both of us. ;)
Justin Gordon beat me to it! I think maybe the wording should be "Companions" instead of "companions" or even "Companion Assets"? I knew what I wanted to say but without making that distinction, I couldn't explain it.
ReplyDeleteAhhh, maybe a text terminology at the start of the book could be a good idea. Thanks folks.
ReplyDeleteHi, guys. I think you've mostly worked out the answer. "Companion" does indeed refer to a companion asset. If I choose to "Recuperate" and have a companion asset, I can give myself +1 health and my companion +1 health.
ReplyDeleteAllies are a distinct term for characters run by other players.
One person rolls "Make Camp", and you and the other players can each choose the appropriate number of results for their own PC. You can't choose a result twice.
For example, I am playing co-op with another player. I roll Make Camp, and get a strong hit. I choose Relax, Recuperate, and Prepare. I give myself +1 spirit, +1 health, and +1 on the next segment of my journey when I Undertake a Journey. My ally's player, meanwhile, takes Recuperate, Partake, and Focus. They take +2 health total (for themselves and any companions), and +1 momentum.
Sojourn operates much the same way. One person rolls. Everyone takes the appropriate number of choices for their character.
Thanks for calling that out. I'll make a note to define "Companion" earlier in the book, and will look at the wording and/or descriptions of that move.