Just a heads-up for any of you who are presently reading the Ironsworn rulebook

Just a heads-up for any of you who are presently reading the Ironsworn rulebook ... I've just uploaded an update which fixes a few niggles and has a few clarifications in the moves chapter. It might be worth downloading the latest version.

I also fixed a few typos, but I assure you there are many more where those came from.

Please excuse some of the PDF navigation issues. InDesign's auto-bookmark generation is giving me fits, and I will eventually go in and fix everything by hand. For now, the Table of Contents and bookmarks are sorta' usable, but not great. I promise it'll get better (along with an index!)

Grab the latest over on http://ironswornrpg.com

Comments

  1. I just noticed the update to Undertake a Journey on my reread. I like that you now reach a waypoint on any hit, as it seemed to me previously to be a must-take option (ie I cant imagine a situation where I would choose to not mark progress in favor of some other choice)

    I also noticed the change to p54 where suffer moves are no longer exempted from gaining initiative. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well spotted, Justin Gordon​. I'm really happy with both those changes, and both were inspired by play reports and discussions here. Big thanks to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found a small typo/glitch on page 66 in the Sojourn move. The text of the move says "on a hit you may roll again..." to focus on one area of recovery.

    The more detailed description beneath the move at the top of page page 67 indicates that you may only roll again on a strong hit. Also near the bottom of the same page the move Draw the Circle is referenced as Draw the Square, which I'm guessing is an older draft of the same move.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well spotted again. Thank you. Noted and fixed.

    Reading Ironsworn is sometimes like being an archeologist uncovering old drafts of the rules. Slowly I am getting those relics cleaned up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One more for you sir, bottom of page 87 "if you've score a miss..."

    ReplyDelete
  6. p. 92 First sentence of the description for Out of Supply says "when you and your ally's"
    Should be "allies"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment