Three scenes, a lot more RP happened in my head than I wrote.
Three scenes, a lot more RP happened in my head than I wrote. It took long enough to get down the gist of what was transpiring in my head as it was. May not be to everyone's liking, but I enjoyed it. I really liked that this part of a normal FtF game is still functional.
Inter-monologues are... strange. El Oh El
Let me know what you think. Again, constructive criticism is appreciated. So, if you don't like RP heavy posts, let me know. Or how I can 'punch them up' if need be.
https://worldofukarea.wordpress.com/2017/12/28/an-unwelcome-pass/
Inter-monologues are... strange. El Oh El
Let me know what you think. Again, constructive criticism is appreciated. So, if you don't like RP heavy posts, let me know. Or how I can 'punch them up' if need be.
https://worldofukarea.wordpress.com/2017/12/28/an-unwelcome-pass/
Great post, John Risus. Enjoyed the focus on interaction with NPCs, and I appreciated your updated format with the mechanics interspersed. Looking forward to seeing how Nikka leverages that +10 momentum!
ReplyDelete"Avoid History" makes me think of some dangerous ruins....
The legend continues!
ReplyDeleteI think that "Avoid History" is definitely going to be some kind of dangerous ruin, maybe automated defenses from the Old World (I'm thinking H:ZD is post-apocalypse yeah?) that are still kicking around somehow. Getting their power source might be a handy benefit if you survive :)
Or another way of dealing with it is that in the histories of your tribe there's some dark tale that makes you avoid the area (after all the Brave did say that you're not supposed to go there. Why?)
Shawn Tomkin and Justin Gordon, you two rock!! Yes, yes, I have an idea and an interesting way to present it now! I just need to figure out how 'deep down in the weeds' I go with it? Is it just a story element that I narrate like a GM would do, or do I actually play it out using the rules.... Hmmm questions, tasty tasty questions.
ReplyDeleteJohn Risus what about a compromise? The defenses are built into the sides of the mountain pass. You're already climbing a dangerous mountain and now there are turrets shooting at you! Mechanically it's fluff for the Danger of climbing the mountain, but it adds a level of fiction to the problem.
ReplyDeleteHow about a old weapon cache. Nuclear or chemical. Corrupted storage and possible danger of leak. Not sure if it fits the setting.
ReplyDelete