John Risus... here's a pass at some assets to play with in your Horizon Zero Dawn setting.

John Risus... here's a pass at some assets to play with in your Horizon Zero Dawn setting.

I tried to capture a few bits of the game. I don't imagine the idea of temporary augments (Machinist) is true to the crafting of the game (haven't played it), but I think it's a better approach in terms of keeping your character hungry for more scavenging. Creating an augment for a bow, which could be envisioned as shock arrows or some-such, would work well, and the roll of 1 would emulate running out of that ammo.

A bit combat focused, but existing ironsworn assets might do fine at some of the non-combat stuff.

First cut! I'm sure I'll come back to it.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1g5H_QX9yidVL5ijFm6-P5IAvHc4FHynv

Comments

  1. Okay, that is swank! Thanks for doing this! I will switch out my current Assets for some of these. Probably Machinist, Scavenger, and Trapper, though I might keep Archer over Trapper, tough call.

    Am I mistaken, or is Machinist kind of dependent on Scavenger? Now that I think about it, at least to me and my first solo play, the game in general seems to be weighted toward +Wits. Maybe not, maybe I just feel like I am rolling that a lot since my girl is apparently ... challenged in that department. LOL

    I'll have to see if I can get another session in today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely envisioned scavenger as a foundational asset since it's sort of core to the setting. There's a bit of a micro-economy with supply happening in these assets, more than I've done elsewhere. You could get buy without it. Just would require more foraging for parts.

    For wits ... hopefully it's not weighted too heavily toward that (or any) stat. Sorta' depends what you are doing in game though. Journeys, observation, problem-solving will tend to hit wits, which is what you've been doing thus far. Weak hits on journey rolls aren't particularly dire, though (just a -1 supply), and it's assumed to be the default result.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again, so excited you did this!

    Yeah, I guess the story/play/oracle/rolls have dictated the path, and in turn, the use of Wits more in my solo play. Though she does shine at combat. ;)

    I'll know more about the new Assets as I play test them, but they feel right up her alley and appropriate for the setting. I like that they have their own take too, gives the feel / intent and more RP than what I saw in HZD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To clarify, when it says for Scavanger, "When you Resupply by looting a machine, add +1. If you score a hit, you may exchange -1 Momentum for +1 Supply."

    This doesn't preclude any character from resupplying by looting a machine, just the ones with this Asset gets a +1 and additionally may sacrifice Momentum for additional Supply? So basically, others could do it too, but wouldn't get the two bonuses when they do?

    ReplyDelete
  5. John Risus. Yeppers! Having the asset just means it's a focus for your character, with some associated benefits per the asset.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment