Relatively new to Ironsworn, but I've been enjoying it quite a bit.
Relatively new to Ironsworn, but I've been enjoying it quite a bit. Josh McGraw and I were trying to play co-op online, but were having trouble finding a reliable dice roller. We were using the (undoubtedly trivial) RNG on Google Hangouts, and the results almost always seemed skewed one direction or the other. I've used Roll20 a lot in the past, and I've always been satisfied with their Quantum Roller mechanic.
Yesterday, I found the source: The ANU Quantum Random Number Server. Turns out, they have a simple API that will respond to HTTP GET requests with JSON objects containing truly random integers.
I had been working on an HTML-based character sheet for the game already (still working out some kinks; I'll post it here once it's done), so I whipped up a quick-and-dirty HTML page that will grab some random integers and turn them into an Action die and two Challenge dice when you press a button.
Not as fun as rolling actual dice, but easy to use if you don't have them handy. Just download to your preferred device and go. Should work fine in all major browsers, both on desktop/laptop and mobile. Somewhat obviously, it requires an internet connection to function.
Hope y'all like it, and may your blades strike true in the Ironlands!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=13L1EYgFTaXW7-yH2GTBYQ9HiI-hW7oCk
Yesterday, I found the source: The ANU Quantum Random Number Server. Turns out, they have a simple API that will respond to HTTP GET requests with JSON objects containing truly random integers.
I had been working on an HTML-based character sheet for the game already (still working out some kinks; I'll post it here once it's done), so I whipped up a quick-and-dirty HTML page that will grab some random integers and turn them into an Action die and two Challenge dice when you press a button.
Not as fun as rolling actual dice, but easy to use if you don't have them handy. Just download to your preferred device and go. Should work fine in all major browsers, both on desktop/laptop and mobile. Somewhat obviously, it requires an internet connection to function.
Hope y'all like it, and may your blades strike true in the Ironlands!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=13L1EYgFTaXW7-yH2GTBYQ9HiI-hW7oCk
And here's ANU's QRNG page, if you're interested: qrng.anu.edu.au - ANU Quantum Random Number Server
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome, Mike Leavitt. Thanks so much for putting it together. Yoinked!
ReplyDeleteThis has replaced all other randomizers for Ironsworn, for me. I'd use this over real dice.
ReplyDeleteYep, beats the Excel spreadsheet I cobbled together when I was stuck at a hotel without dice and an internet connection a couple weeks ago.
ReplyDelete