Question!
Question! Maybe I'm just misreading it or am undercaffeinated, and/or maybe you already fixed it since I became confused if it was actually wrong at all, or already answered this: on p10, how is it possible to have a Weak Hit on a Match? It seems definitionally impossible, though I'll admit that math was always my worst subject. :D
Doh! Nope, you've got the right of it. Can't roll a match on your challenge dice with a mixed result. Not unless we're rolling dice that land in an alternate dimension.
ReplyDeleteThat was by design since I wanted matches to reinforce extreme results, but my muddled brain didn't take that into consideration when writing that bit.
Thanks for the catch!
Happy to help! I remember it really stuck in my brain on the first read-through, and EVERYTHING up to that point had been flowing so smoothly that it really jarred my momentum through the text and growing understanding of the system.
ReplyDeleteShawn Tomkin unrelated question probably not worth its own post: I'm working on a Sheets toolkit for gameplay. Asking you is going to be faster than reviewing literally the entire rulebook on this simple question that determines how I build a feature: is there any situation under which the momentum max & reset are impacted (pos or neg) by anything OTHER than debilities?
ReplyDeleteHi, Josh McGraw. There are a couple of assets that give you a situational boost to your reset. For example, if you burn momentum when you Strike or Clash with swordmaster you reset +1.
ReplyDeleteI'll leave that as a manual setting, then, thanks. Related, I'm also trying to make the Assets be easily selectable; any chance you'd be willing to share plaintext of those if/when they're finalized, to save me a ton of C&P?
ReplyDeleteOh, sure, Josh McGraw. I think there's a way to just export flat text out of InDesign. Might be a little rough and ready, but hopefully easier to work with.
ReplyDeleteSweet Shawn Tomkin! If the existing Assets are text-complete, I'd take them whenever's convenient for you. Not looking to cause you more work, but I'm excited to share this tool with the community.
ReplyDelete