My first ever Solo RP.

My first ever Solo RP. I never play characters who aren't all about stabbing and killing (well, there was one time, but he got literally hugged in half by an owlbear) so this is all around a learning experience for me. So far it's been quite enjoyable however! I may have too much love for rolling on the Oracle tables though.

Comments

  1. Awesome Lysa Clarke! Off to a great start. Really nice writing. I liked your interpretation of the weak hit on Compel -- right on point and suitable to the demeanor of those guys.

    For my selfish purposes, I'd love to see you insert the oracle interpretations and results of rolls like Undertake a Journey. It helps me map the narrative to whether or not the mechanics and oracles are supporting you. If you provide future installments (please!), a bit more of that would be really helpful.

    One other request: If you can set your character sheet sharing permissions to "anyone with the link can view", I can take a look. I like to see what assets people pick (obviously the raven for you).

    I am super-impressed by you folks and your detailed, evocative solo play write-ups. The value of "Writing things down" in solo play is that it makes it real. When you're at a table, playing with others, the shared storytelling gives it permanence. When you're on your own, it can all feel a bit nebulous until words give it form. I am not dedicated enough to write things down in prose form, but I have found that having a journal and making notes and sketches or whatever gives the storytelling some heft. I'll have a bit of commentary on this in the book at some point where I talk about the playspace.

    Again, nice job, and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got it. Thanks. That is one on-point miniature.

    Looking at that sheet makes me glad that I upped the starting assets from 2 to 3.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Downloaded and looking forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jacob Ross Thank you, Toimu and I worked together on it and i think the outcome is pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hiding in a Dollar Tree office, thanks for the comments and I'll get back to people when I'm not hiding from the associates/my boss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great start! Looking forward to more. Lysa Clarke Justin Gordon any Co-op stuff writer down or audio recorded?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Toimu​ the co-op sessions have been played and there's a lot about them that really excites me, but I haven't had a chance to write down the details. I keep meaning to go back and document it, but I keep ending up playing fresh sessions instead!

    I've got a few slow evenings coming up and I'm hoping to document what's happened in the co-op game then.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lysa Clarke, I do hope you found your way out of the store and are vigorously typing an update ;) Really enjoying the stories you and Justin Gordon are telling!

    As Shawn Tomkin requested, I too would love to see the 'behind the scenes' mechanics and interpretations. Having not had the opportunity to play as of yet, I think it would be a huge help with my understanding of the rules.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. John Risus Sadly by the time I got out I was so incoherent I didn't even think about typing anything. I actually fell asleep in my uniform I was so tired.
    Hopefully I'll get a new installment up tonight. I need to draw a few things, but Ironsworn may take precedence tonight.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment