First entry in my little journal about a company of Austrian foot in the great Turkish war.
First entry in my little journal about a company of Austrian foot in the great Turkish war. At the moment they are tasked with defending a fortress town from an approaching ottoman column.
English is not my first language and I am by no means a great narrator. I am writing the journal mostly for me to remember what happened last time and to stop me from cheating 😂. So you are warned, don't except a readable story.
Really enjoyed playing Iron sworn once again.
https://voneisenhut.wordpress.com/2017/12/16/23rd-october-1683/
English is not my first language and I am by no means a great narrator. I am writing the journal mostly for me to remember what happened last time and to stop me from cheating 😂. So you are warned, don't except a readable story.
Really enjoyed playing Iron sworn once again.
https://voneisenhut.wordpress.com/2017/12/16/23rd-october-1683/
Bernhard Lutz this is awesome. Very pleased to see another historical gamer using the ruleset and really like the time period you have chosen. I routinely set most of my games during the 16th-18th centuries. I have a session live now using Ironsworn set at the beginning of the French and Indian War in British North America (which I need to post) and am contemplating setting another in/around Prague during the War of the Austrian Succession.
ReplyDeleteI look forward to more tales of Captain von Eisenhut and his company!
Okay, I rather like your write-ups. I read them in reverse order due to G+ putting the 23rd on top, but very interesting. I like how it reads like a journal, and believe that to be the intent, but the rules really seem to facilitate it. Or it appears so. The rules don't seem to... get in the way.
ReplyDeleteBjorsa Brimrsson thanks a lot for your nice words. I am excited for your French and indian war session. Not many people do Historical rpging unfortunately, history is so full of settings and themes and stories to explore
ReplyDeleteI hope von Eisenhut's company will one day reach the Austrian war of succession. But that's still a long way to go 😀.