A Clearing of the Mind (continuation of Scene Two)
A Clearing of the Mind (continuation of Scene Two)
So I moved on and messed with the formatting. Let me know what you think.
Also I hope that my updating the Character Sheet post doesn't spam anyone's email who may have 'followed' the blog. If it does, please let me know. Or if the following edits did as well. If so I apologize.
Had some rules questions, which are in the notes at the bottom of the post on the blog, but I'll mention the ones I can remember here as well.
If my Supplies are full (+5), how else can I depict improving my financial or trading potential?
If I Swear an Iron Vow, and it says to find the path, do I do a Move to do that, or do I Start the Journey? This will probably make more sense if you read the blog post. LOL
REALLY enjoying myself, and this went a bit quicker to publish, so there is that. Anyway, any additional feedback is always appreciated!
https://worldofukarea.wordpress.com/2017/12/17/40/
So I moved on and messed with the formatting. Let me know what you think.
Also I hope that my updating the Character Sheet post doesn't spam anyone's email who may have 'followed' the blog. If it does, please let me know. Or if the following edits did as well. If so I apologize.
Had some rules questions, which are in the notes at the bottom of the post on the blog, but I'll mention the ones I can remember here as well.
If my Supplies are full (+5), how else can I depict improving my financial or trading potential?
If I Swear an Iron Vow, and it says to find the path, do I do a Move to do that, or do I Start the Journey? This will probably make more sense if you read the blog post. LOL
REALLY enjoying myself, and this went a bit quicker to publish, so there is that. Anyway, any additional feedback is always appreciated!
https://worldofukarea.wordpress.com/2017/12/17/40/
Hi John Risus. Awesome stuff. Thanks so much for taking the time to share.
ReplyDeleteRegarding supply: it's not very granular, as you've noted. Personally, for looting machines, I'd make the Secure an Advantage move to see if I get something of value. Success on that move would give me some momentum, but I'd also probably also represent it in the fiction as my character having something of value I can use as leverage when I Compel or to justify the Sojourn move in a community. If I had the Wright asset, it could serve as materials for crafting.
Making a move is always inherently risky, so -- unlike the game -- I probably wouldn't try to take apart every machine.
Regarding the next steps on your vow: keep in mind that the "path forward" is not literal. In your case, it seems like visiting a local community and asking around (Gather Information) about this Scrapper incursion might be worthwhile. Have there been others sighted? Or, maybe she follows it's trail back south, or searches for more trails. Generally, the weak hit means she's not quite sure what it means and you need to find the breadcrumbs before you can follow them.
Hope that helps. There's some elements of the game (crafting) that you may have to abstract more than you'd like, but I'd love to someday put together a theme pack that's a not-so-subtle homage to Horizon Zero Dawn.
John Risus read this yesterday an just now getting around to commenting - with regard to ‘looting’, perhaps you could have it be an Adventure Move of some kind?
ReplyDeleteYou mentioned Resupply, but also wondering if Secure and Advantage or Gather Information might help. Those both sound rather ‘quest-y’ and could possibly give you hooks from which to drive the narrative.
Suppose you could always turn to an Oracle to give you some imaginative fodder. Plus, you can always turn to your wiki, they probably list out loot drops from the various machines that you can use to populate either a table or pick and choose from.