Did my first solo session.

Did my first solo session. I haven't done a solo session in a very long time, but this was a lot of fun. The rules made things clear and it was easy to introduce twists and turns that made sense narratively. There's enough structure for it to be fun as a solo run, which isn't really something I've seen before, TBH.

I had a failed sojourn roll that seemed like kind of a dead end at first, but re-read the full text in that section and came up with a spin that turned out to be fun.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pCLmt257GPsqAwlz6IS_yy74jHnO5yRr/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pCLmt257GPsqAwlz6IS_yy74jHnO5yRr/view?usp=sharing

Comments

  1. Really enjoyed this joseph deckert. Nice job, and I'm thrilled it was fun for you. I hope you keep his adventures going. It's off to a great start.

    Selfishly, it's nice to see someone playing in the default setting, and glad you were able to springboard off a quest starter. The iron ring is a really nice touch. Would love to hear if you made any particular decisions about your version of the world as you set up play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Downloaded and will read later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made a few background choices right off the bat:
    Communities - option 3, there are well-established villages, roads, and trade. But there's still a large frontier and the largest villages are hundreds of people, not thousands.
    Leaders - option 1. I wanted variety here, so varying governments from one place to another.
    Defense - option 2. I like the wardens, and used that as my first quest. I may pull war-bands in, too, though.
    Mysticism - likely going option 2 here - rare but not unheard of.
    Firstborn - Probably going somewhere between 2 and 3. Varou are obviously factoring in already, so if you have any other fun info about them you'd like to share... :)
    Beasts - Likely going to be option 3 here.
    Horrors - option 2 here. Not north-of-the-wall level undead, but definitely something you should be afraid of.


    ReplyDelete
  4. Just read it, I really love how you did time skips. You switch between in character and out of character very cleanly. I also like to see the dice rolls and moves you make. Great job, the story is excellent also!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Yeah, I am learning tons from reading this and other's play, but dang if it isn't a bit intimidating as well. Afraid any writing I would do with stuff like this out there, would seem childish and a bit of a hack... What's going to happen to the village now!? All that work (aid) lost!? I have to know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. John Risus don't worry about your writing. My solo story was the first time I put my "day dreaming" on paper. It isn't great reading, but I had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the kind words, all. And John Risus, definitely don't worry about the writing. I think getting playtest reports out is probably helpful for Shawn, and the system actually makes it pretty easy to generate the story, twists, etc!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment