Happy Saturday, everyone!

Happy Saturday, everyone!

An updated rulebook and moves handout were uploaded this morning.

What's changed:

- Cleaned up some (but not all) of the issues with the table of contents, bookmarks, and embedded links (sorry for any niggling issues hampering the ease-of-use with the PDF. We'll get there.)

- Synchronized the latest version of the playtest moves with the moves in Chapter 3, and updated summary text where appropriate. There's been some minor edits/fixes throughout. A revised Forge a Bond move now allows for narrative bonds (not necessarily quest-driven), with a greatly improved chance to Forge a Bond when you've completed a vow. Last Stand (now Turn the Tide), End the Fight, and Battle have seen the most significant updates. Nothing is cast in stone, so feedback welcome.

- Some minor fixes, edits and clarifications in various places. Please excuse lingering typos, grammatical errors, etc. I just noticed about a dozen of them in a quick glance. It'll get there!

Chapter 7 is still a early days. I'll keep you guys updated. All of the discussion and feedback here is really driving my plans for the content for that chapter, which is great, but has meant some dramatic course corrections in my outline.

Finally, just want to say that I've had a ton of fun watching the group grow and participating in the discussions. You guys have been awesome. If you are enthusiastic about Ironsworn, please feel free to share/discuss outside of our little settlement in order to spread the word.
https://www.ironswornrpg.com/downloads

Comments

  1. Very cool, I love the new Forge a Bond move! My work has finally petered out a bit so I hope to get some more playtesting done in the next day or so

    ReplyDelete
  2. Justin Gordon Shawn TomkinI like the new Forge a Bond move as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I'm happy with it as well. It's a bit more narrative-focused and less meta-gamey, while still rewarding vows pretty strongly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just printed the previous one, which is no problem, as our work printer is cheap, but maybe I can keep some pages to give to the other player. Does this new version have a new preview number?
    How fast are new versions coming out?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Allan Prewett. Sorry about that! I will light a candle for the trees that gave their life.

    If you were to print new pages, you could just get by with reprinting chapter 3 (moves). Changes elsewhere were quite minor. You might also be fine in just printing out the revised moves handout if you're not concerned with the commentary/explanations.

    This new version didn't get a preview number, because I considered it a point release (in software terms). It'll be a bit of a living document for a while, but mostly minor changes (more minor then this pass, I hope). Next major change will be in a few weeks with Chapter 7 / Supporter Edition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks and FYI the moves in the download area still appear to be the previous ones unless I am mistaken

    ReplyDelete
  7. The moves handout should be current, Allan Prewett. Perhaps a cache issue? The cover for the moves handout should show 12/9/17 (unless I am borking something up -- a possibility!).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shawn Tomkin​​ thanks for the clarification what needs to be reprinted. Let's save some trees! If you plan to actively develop the game and change things around- which would be awesome by the way - a changelog and version numbering would be nice. Just for us to know things like: my printed chapter 2 is in version 0.24; I will print it again because in version 0.56 there is a substantial change ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. A change log would be a good idea, Bernhard Lutz. I'll make that happen (probably as a seperate google doc for easy management). I probably won't bother with minor edits such as typos and grammatical fixes, but will note anything that offers clarification or gameplay changes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment