I had a rules question, for clarity, during this session (below).

I had a rules question, for clarity, during this session (below). But before that, an imaged link because apparently, based on statistics, more people read things with pics. ;)

So a new session! Yay. Not a long one because I am fighting a migraine.

Oh, the question: During an Undertake A Journey it reads, as an option, "You make good use of your resources: Do not suffer -1 Supply." This implies that I should be taking -1 Supply normally when I make this move? Can someone clarify?

https://worldofukarea.wordpress.com/2017/12/31/a-bloodied-remembrance/

Comments

  1. John Risus good question! I've only been about as long as you have (believe I've seen two iterations of the rules) and my guess is that is a vestigial comment from an earlier draft.

    I'm sure Shawn Tomkin will be along shortly to clear it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bjorsa Brimrsson Same thing I thought, but if it is, I suspect it needs some new options. (What have you been up to to have your comments come in as 'Spam'? LOL About third or fourth time I had to 'approve' your comments)

    ReplyDelete
  3. John Risus really? I don't know - frankly, never seen a spam filter within G+. Does it flag you to approve something before you can see a comment I make on a thread of yours?

    Odd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for the confusion, guys! The intent is that travel just inherently consumes supply. On a weak hit, you make it to a waypoint and suffer the -1 supply. On a strong hit, you get a choice: you can choose to ignore the -1 supply, or you can take +1 momentum.

    A miss on the move doesn't necessarily consume supplies, but you'll face some other cost and you don't get to mark progress.

    So, you don't automatically suffer -1 supply when you make a move, but it is a part of most of the potential outcomes.

    Does that help clear things up at all? I'll look at some alternate/clarifying language here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, John Risus .. I'm excited to read the latest from you and Justin Gordon and Bernhard Lutz. Soon as I'm clear of holiday fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bjorsa Brimrsson Yes, it tells me I was replied to with Spam. I can read it, though it is lightly grayed out and it gave me an option to approve it. I don't think anyone else could see it until I did though, and so far it has only ever been you. I didn't even know it was a thing until recently when you replied to my posts. Odd indeed.

    Shawn Tomkin I think I get what you are saying above, but to be honest, I didn't read it that way in the book. Assumed it was remnant Beta rules. It was the only mention of a -1 Supply associated with the Move that I saw. Maybe mention it in the beginning of the move where you assign the difficult, that each leg costs -1 Supply? Or is it there and I missed it?

    Now I have to pull up the PDF and see if I am an idiot... Nope, skimmed it and don't see another reference that it inherently cost -1 Supply. It makes sense that it would though. I'd maybe put it in the section after assigning it a rank and again in the Managing Supplies portion for clarity?

    ReplyDelete
  7. John Risus gotcha - perhaps check your settings for my profile? You may have toggled 'mark as spam' or something.

    G+ is a little weird sometimes. I know I have toggled off things like 'Allow Replies' on posts on accident before (then wondered why one responded). Heck, who knows, I may have marked myself as 'spam', ha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment